Middle age sets in and we start to wonder, are we good people? Good parents? What does my life really mean? I have recently come to the realization that these questions can only be answered by a growth in perspective. As a child truly understanding a concept for the first time, similarly, middle agedness brings definition to unanswered thoughts and questions.
Sometimes I think I am truly seeing things, experiencing things, for the true first time. It's amazing what growing older can do. But it's more than that. It's experiencing things differently through each life change. It's seeing the world through our children's eyes. It's coming to terms with our own mortality as we suddenly understand that this life is so much more than what we can comprehend. And it means so much more too, deepening our wonder aboit it. Have we done our best? Have we made a mark on our children, our family, the world? Will we be remembered after we're gone? It's amazing how many questions multiply as we become "wiser".
ReplyDelete